Sunday 10 November 2013

Fireworks with friends :)

Yesterday, along with about 15 of my friends, I went to the Firework Spectacular which was being held at my old primary school, in the cute, small village that I live. 

Because 'official' bonfire night was the Tuesday before, the school held it this Saturday so that many more people could come. And they did! As soon we got through the gates (after queuing for a good 10ish minutes) we were hit by the sea of people milling around in the playground. Being such a big event for our sleepy village, the place seemed to have a lovely atmosphere to it (which was boosted by the delicious warming smells of hotdogs and burgers cooking away)! Yummmm....

Once we'd all regrouped (after I did some catching up with a few class mates I hadn't seen since I left primary school just over 4 years ago..oopps :S) we made our way to watch the first of the displays. This display was labelled as 'a smaller display with fewer loud bangs for families with younger children', so that is what we were expecting. Oh how wrong were we! It was AMAZING! Lasting maybe 8ish minutes, the display filled the sky with vibrant, glittery booms; the colour lighting up the dark night.

Thinking the second display wouldn't be able to match the first, we hung around laughing and being the crazy teenagers that we are. Nevertheless, yet again, we were wrong! It was gorgeous. We stood there, "OOOing" and "AHHHHing" for another 10 minutes until the final fireworks rocketed high into the distant sky :)
It was a truly magical evening...








 
 
 
*Pictures from google images, I do not own them
no copy right intended.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a fun night! I missed out this year as there was no decent displays where I live. I'm a new follower of your blog, cant wait to read more :) x
    my blog: www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!