Monday 11 November 2013

Fashion for Charity

As I was scrolling through the Vogue News website (something I tend to spend a lot of my time doing) I came across an article which really caught my eye...International super model Naomi Campbell is lending her support to those effected by the devastating typhoon that brought horrific destruction to the Philippines this weekend.

After setting up the charity Fashion For Relief back in 2005, Naomi has raised funds for several natural disasters including Hurricane Katrina and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. This time she is raising money by selling a limited addition photography print taken by her friend and colleague John-Paul Pietrus. Being half Philippino himself, Pietrus discussed with the model about the ways they could raise funds and help promote awareness for the rescue efforts, that are taking place at the moment. The prints are being sold for £20 each and the money is going to the Red Cross Disaster Fund.

I don't know about you, but whenever I see news like this it always makes me happy because some celebrities have a lot of power; so when they use this power to do good and raise awareness it is very inspiring.


                           
                                         * Image from google images
                                                          I do not own this image

I know this was a very random blog post, but hey ho! Random is good :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!